Ok, here’s just a few things off the top of my head but feel free to add your own:
- this is the first thing I always say when this conversation comes up – the folk music, USA totally owns that.
- the soul and blues music from down South – my husband is a musican and has brainwashed me eg: Dooby Brothers.
- the film industry; let’s face it, some of the Australian and English films seem positively primitive compared to what comes out of Hollywood but I still support my own industry as well.
- the stories from the Prairie and Pioneer/Settler days, wow, I can’t even start to think how I have been influenced by those reads.
- and here’s the best one yet: we talk about this a lot here in Oz, if the world ever goes to war again we know USA has got our back and that feels very comforting and reassurring to think about.
- The USA is and always has been very supportive of me, my blog and now my website and I am grateful for that 🙂 (yes, more than the UK!!)